[ltp] Mozilla keyboard mapping for ThinkPad A31

Jason Harmening linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:10:20 -0400

Hello,

I have a ThinkPad A31, which has a number of special Internet function keys.
I'm trying to map these keys to various functions in Mozilla.  I've already
successfully mapped the 'Back' and 'Forward' keys by associating their
keycodes with F16 and F17, respectively, and adding the following
to /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/content/navigator/platformNavigationBindings.xul:

<key id="goBackKb2"  keycode="VK_F16" command="Browser:Back"/>
<key id="goForwardKb2"  keycode="VK_F17" command="Browser:Forward"/>

But my keyboard also has 'Stop' and 'Reload' keys that I'd like to map to the
relevant functions in Mozilla. I've already associated their keycodes with
F18 and F19 using Xmodmap, but I don't know how to modify the Mozilla
keymappings accordingly.  Could I use something like what I did for 'Back'
and 'Forward', and if so, what argument do I need for the 'command='
parameter in the 'key' tag? "Browser:Stop" and "Browser:Reload" don't seem to
work (at least in the above xul file), and neither do "View:Stop" and

Thanks,
Jason Harmening