[ltp] ibm-acpi-0.3

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:19:21 -0700

Hi,

This is the third alpha release of my ACPI driver for IBM ThinkPad
laptops. The features currently supported are:

	- Fn key combinations
	- Bluetooth enable and disable
	- turning the LCD off, brightness control
	- ThinkLight on/off
	- limited docking and undocking

So far, it has been tested on several T, X and R series ThinkPads. I
appreciate any user reports, either successful or unsuccessful. Please
see the included README for more information.

Changes since 0.2:

	- fixed problems preventing insmod on the R40
	- implemented LCD brightness control and turning off
	- implemented ThinkLight on/off

I just noticed that turning the LCD off only works in X, not on the
console, at least for me. I'll need to look into this further.

Finally, a download URL:

http://bkernel.sf.net/tmp/ibm-acpi-0.3.tar.gz

Still no web page.

I'll be on vacation for the next three weeks, so I'll be a little slow
with replies to email. If you are replying to the lists, I'd
appreciate a CC, I'd see it sooner that way.

Boris