[ltp] IBM R40 2722-GDG DynamicClocks

Florian Knobloch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:50:03 +0200

Hello all!

I have compiled xorg-x11-6.7.99.2 which includes Alex's Dynamic
Frequency code. (on gentoo)

My notebook includes the ATI Radeon 7500 mobility. ACPI and Powernow
daemon are running.

When I use
Option       "DynamicClocks" "true"
in xorg.conf
i get the same results like when not using it in terms of power rate
(about 18W).

cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          discharging
present rate:            18257 mW <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
remaining capacity:      39360 mWh
present voltage:         16072 mV

When I use Windows it is usually around 13000mW (or lower) even though
the displaybrightness is set at the same level which of course results
in longer runtimes.
Also the cpu fan is running in the same mode (every 5 minutes for 40
seconds) -- i hoped using the patch would extend by battery life and
quiten by computer.

What can I also do to enable or extend the code or do other tests?
Any help or suggestion is welcome.

thanks and greets, flo