[ltp] 600x doesn't sleep when I close the lid (if it's plugged in)

Brian Kendig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:49:12 -0400

I asked:
 > Is there any way to get the laptop to go to sleep automatically when I
 > close the lid?  I booted into DOS and used the PS2.EXE utility to run
 > "PS2 COVER ENABLE" (which ran without errors), but that seems to have
 > had no effect.

Robert Hollis answered:
 > If you haven't done this, make sure it's unplugged when you close the
lid,
 > that makes the difference for me.

Omigosh, that works!  But what a silly overengineered feature!  Is
there any way to get it to sleep when I close the lid if it's still
plugged in?

An interesting thing - I noticed that it *will* sleep when I close the
lid if it's booted under DOS, and it *will* sleep if I close the lid
during the early stages of booting Linux, but once it's finished
booting Linux (2.6.x kernel) it no longer pays attention to the lid and
remains awake even when closed.

I tried running "tpctl -psl=Z" to set it to sleep when the lid's
closed, but that has no apparent effect either.

   - B