[ltp] thinkpads with rage128 M3/M4 chips in them

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:40:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Hamie wrote:

> André Wyrwa wrote:
>
> >>This laptop has a gorgeous 16x12 display, dual-head supporting
> >>different resolutions would be very very useful :-)
> >
> >Must be really big, mine has 4:3 only. ;-)
>
> 16:12 is 4:3 :)

Ah, but he said "16x12" not "16:12".  But I think Mr. Wyrwa knows about
aspect ratios...

> Methinks he meant the 1600x1200 resolution flexview display... Mine has
> one too. It just blows the old A20p 1400x1050 display out of the water
> in clarity & brightness...

The reason I didn't go for a higher-resolution display when I picked out
my Thinkpad was that I figured that while a piece of dust (bigger than a
1600x1200 pixel, smaller than a 1024x768 pixel) would get ignored on my
display but wouldn't on a higher resolution one, making dead pixels more
likely.  What's the mean number of dead pixels on 1600x1200 laptop
displays, and how many does it take for IBM to consider it faulty?

ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb
watermelon in your colon.  Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then
give a hickey to Meryl Streep.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_