[ltp] thinkpads with rage128 M3/M4 chips in them

Bill Hudacek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:36:32 -0600

Just FYI, I don't have *any* dead pixels on this display.  It's=20
incredible, but true. And it's more than 3 years old.    Seems like LCDs=20
have problems from the factory....or no problems.  At least in my=20
experience.

I thought I had one, once........just one dead pixel.  I had to view=20
several high-res images to prove it was not in the display (it WAS dust=20
!!!   :-)

If the a21p had only supported more than 512MB RAM, I'd be in heaven.

Ok, add the HyperThreading CPU.....and I'd be in heaven.

OK, PCI Express, and I'd *really* be in heaven....

.....No, make that SCSI, and I'd be in heaven.

Wait.  SCSI U/W-II with a dual-processor Mobo, two hard drives, two CDROM=20
(one DVD-RW, other CD-RW), 4 GB memory, and I might be happy......for a=20
liitle while.
=20
<sigh>  I have to admit, I'm never happy with the computer I have under=20
me.  More, better, faster, I must have it all :-)

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Regards,

Bill Hudacek
IBM Global Services

Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com>=20
Sent by: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
08/19/04 12:40 PM
Please respond to
linux-thinkpad

linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
cc

Subject
Re: [ltp] thinkpads with rage128 M3/M4 chips in them

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Hamie wrote:

> Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
>=20
> >>This laptop has a gorgeous 16x12 display, dual-head supporting=20
> >>different resolutions would be very very useful :-)
> >
> >Must be really big, mine has 4:3 only. ;-)
>=20
> 16:12 is 4:3 :)

Ah, but he said "16x12" not "16:12".  But I think Mr. Wyrwa knows about=20
aspect ratios...

> Methinks he meant the 1600x1200 resolution flexview display... Mine has=20
> one too. It just blows the old A20p 1400x1050 display out of the water=20
> in clarity & brightness...

The reason I didn't go for a higher-resolution display when I picked out=20
my Thinkpad was that I figured that while a piece of dust (bigger than a=20
1600x1200 pixel, smaller than a 1024x768 pixel) would get ignored on my=20
display but wouldn't on a higher resolution one, making dead pixels more=20
likely.  What's the mean number of dead pixels on 1600x1200 laptop=20
displays, and how many does it take for IBM to consider it faulty?

--=20
ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb
watermelon in your colon.  Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then
give a hickey to Meryl Streep.  -- Weird Al, =5FYour Horoscope for Today=5F

--=20