[ltp] Re: Replace HD; T41p

Volker Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:17:47 -0400

If you want to upgrade the hdd, consider a 60GB/7200RPM drive. To me, the
speed increase is worth more than the extra 20 gig.

Then, if money is of no concern to you just get the part from IBM. If you
are on a budget then just try to find the cheapest vendor. You always get
some sort of warranty. Dont kid yourself, 2.5" drives are not the most
reliable storage regardless of the vendor, make regular backups.

Also, as was already mentioned, the ultrabay hdd adapter is your friend
when moving to a different hdd.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:09:18 +1000, David Sudjiman wrote:
> 1. What so special about IBM HD and Fujitsu HD?

No big difference, just two out of the few laptop hdd manufacturers.

> 2. Does this effect the IBM Active Protection System and HDD Shock
>    Absorber

Since there is no driver and no specs, the Active Protection System is and
stays dead weight.

Cheers,
Volker