[ltp] Suse 9.1 on Thinkpad r50p - wireless and power management issues

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:32:15 -0500

Quoting David <berbsd@comcast.net>:
[snip]
> The other issue has to do with power management. I am mostly interested
> in the suspend/resume feature since I use this heavily with my laptop. I
> did install the thinkpad packages that come with suse, but they do not
> work for me.

Suggestion: take this last sentence and give it to a clueless newbie.
It isn't doing you any good.

We can't give you much help if you don't say what errors/behavior yu
are seeing.  You may have software bubs, hardware problems,
mis-configuration problems, or none of the above.  Without a little
more information, it is impossible to narrow the range of possible
problems.

Suspend works with a stock SuSE 9.1 on my T41.  I have no idea how
different the R50P is, but with some error messages or descriptions of
behaviour, I might be able to help.

Jeffrey