[ltp] DVI out on T42p - how to make it work?

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to get DVI out of T42p
working. I have a 20 inch IBM Thinkvision LCD Monitor
(1600x1200 resolution - same as laptop LCD) which
supports DVI and VGA connections. I can connect fine
using VGA connections (Fn+F7 works) however I can not
get DVI connection working.

Currently, I will like to just just use DVI out by
itself. Eventually I will like to figure out how to
use DVI+LCD in a dual head manner.

I have ATI Mobility Firegl 2 graphics card, using
ATI's fglrx driver with it. I am using XFree86 4.3.99
(supplied with Suse 9.1 professional).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Osho