[ltp] Re: Thinkpad 600E sound

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:44:33 -0800

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 08:31 am, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:

> (Basically, the trick was to insert the sound module, remove it, then
> insert it again.  After this, sound worked normally and you didn't have to
> do this after X started.

I think, in essence, that this is what 4Front's trick and the trick that Chad
and I are using and why it works. Linux tries to kick over the sound module
at least twice during the startup process, and basically fails miserably.
However, this "primes the pump" for the final insmod that works when done
manually.

This is interesting info.
Michelle
--