[ltp] Mandrake 10.1 Additional Driver Floppie

jacob Klitmøller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:17:22 +0100

Hi

Your problem sounds familiar. I've had the very same trying to install
Mandrake 10.0 and 10.1 from CD (not DVD) on a Thinkpad 760ED.
As far as I can tell the problem is that the installation process
'thinks' it is installing from a floppy. The 'additional driver floppy'
is a floppy image located on the cds (and probably on your DVD). On the
CD it is located in /path/to/cd/install/images/*. There is a choice of
cddrivers, networkdrivers and PCMCIA. Hopefully you can get the driver
for your dvd-drive there.
Since the floppy and CD-drive in my 760ED are swapable I have been
unable to test if it works. Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2 does not have this
problem and till now this is what I use.

Hope it helps

Jacob Klitmøller