[ltp] IBM to sell its PC business

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:10:50 -0500

On Friday 03 December 2004 11:45, after a long battle with technology,
Winsley von Spee wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 03.12.2004, 08:30 -0800 schrieb Michelle Klein-Hass:
>> Remember the i-series ThinkPads? The ones that Acer designed and
>> built and IBM just slapped a badge on? That's where the line is
>> headed. Nobody else is going to care about the ThinkPad legacy like
>> IBM does.
> That would be to bad. The problem is, that IBM's job is too make
> money and in these day you can not do big money with good products.
> Quality is expensive and the People want something cheap perhaps just
> because it's cheap.

@#$%!.  A lot of people don't understand that product value and product
cost are not the same thing.  Buy a Foo for $10, it works, but you have
to replace it after 6 months.  Buy a Bar for $50, it works, but you
have to replace it after 3 years.  Is Foo or Bar a better value?  Duh!
Yet people still buy cheap crap.

If this means that x86 laptops with Trackpoints disappear, I'm going to
be very irritated.

> Here in Germany there is an electronic discounter wich claims
> "costiveness is horny".

?  "Costiveness" isn't a word, and "horny" is... not usually associated
with electronics.  What's the original German for that?

--
   "Unfortunately, men befriend women in futile attempts to get a 3D
   accelerated video card thingy..." -- MegaHAL (trained on ASR),