[ltp] FC 2 on thinkpad R51

Paul Schultz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:24:31 -0700

Sorry to disrupt the mourning of our beloved ThinkPads...

But anyway, I just put Fedora Core 2 on my new R51 (EPP sales be
praised) and it worked perfectly from the start. I swear I didn't have
to lift a finger to get:

1. networking
2. 3d graphics (chromium works great, but was definitely not intended
for trackpoints or touchpads)
3. sound

It didn't detect my 'monitor', so I just went w/ the default of
800x600 for installation, and bumped it up (do it in both places, the
leftmost tab and rightmost tab, display and LCD display), and i'm up
to 1280x768. I'm told it can go higher, but I don't think that'll be
necessary :)

Just a tip for anyone looking for a distro that installs painlessly.
Your mileage may vary on other hardware.

-Paul