[ltp] Please help with T40 and 2.6.8 on Debian

Martin Höfling linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:06:32 +0100

Am Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2004 12:50 schrieb bob@ngi.it:

Hi there,

> 1) Proper power off when issuing "shutdown -h 0". I currently have a
>  Power Down last message on the console after disabling APIC in the
>  kernel options. Before the console blanked but the CPU fan kept on

I disabled the "Local APIC support on uniprocessors"  for a while until I
updated the BIOS an the controler.

> 2) None of the Fn-F3, Fn-F4 buttons seem to produce any action

You can choose from

APM + Thinkpad Modules +apmd

ACPI + ibm_thinkpad (this is what I use now) + acpid

Hope this helps, but you can ask me if you ned further informations.

Regards
  Martin