[ltp] wireless config problem (TP40 SuSE 9.2 ipw2100)

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:14:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Tim Prince wrote:

> I've got to the point where it boots up with encryption enabled, attaches
> to my access point, and gets a DHCP assignment.  That was a
> struggle.  Still, no apparent connection to internet.  Could it be a router
> firewall setting?

If you can ping hosts on your LAN but not beyond, I'd suspect your default
gateway is wrong.  It should be set to the IP address of your router.

TAURUS:  You will never find true happiness - what you gonna
do, cry about it?  The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up,
do a bunch of stuff and then go back to sleep.  -- Weird Al