[ltp] T42 wireless (ndiswrapper)

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:58:25 -0500

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 15:39 -0500, Justin Lintz wrote:
> What made you choose to use ndiswrapper instead of the madwifi driver?

Well, I find that using madwifi makes it difficult to upgrade my kernel,
as they usually require a few weeks to get everything working whenever
the kernel changes, then you're grabbing stuff from CVS and compiling.
On the other hand, ndiswrapper is stable and widely used, though it
doesn't seem to support some basic stuff (on my chipset) like setting
frequency or power.
So, I could have gone either way...I may go back to madwifi, not sure.
-m