[ltp] NetGear WG511 with fc3

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:59:31 -0500

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:50:47 -0300 (ART)
Mauro Maroni <mmaroni@fi.uba.ar> wrote:

> The NM-520 (I don't know, just guessing here) could be an old (16 bits
> ISA-like) PCMCIA card, while the WG511 is a (32 bits PCI-like) Cardbus
> device (not guessing here). That is the reason why is on
> IRQ 11.

Just another datapoint on the WG511 card on my Thinkpad X22 running
Fedora Core 3.

Firmware (from prism54.org) intalled in /lib/firmware

ls -l shows

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  93996 Nov 22 21:15 isl3890

Putting in the card does NOT automatically initialize it.  However,
running "ifup eth1" DOES set up the card properly and it works after that.

(On a machine without built-in ethernet, "ifup eth0" should do it...)

I can give some more info if needed when I get home (we don't have
wireless at work, so I don't have the card with me).

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/