[ltp] Question on APM vs ACPI

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:48:48 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, James McKenzie wrote:

> I would like to do the same thing with an A22p.  I can use APM, but resume
> from suspend left me with a blank screen with the backlight on. I  have
> installed the updated FC3 (667) kernel.

Well if it doesn't work - I don't know how one goes about looking for
fixes.  Currently I run the 2.6.9-1.698_FC3 kernel from fc3-testing.

I've seem APM was broken during FC3-test series (bugzilla'd it) - but
it got fixed - and eventually worked on both the 600E & T40.

One issue that keeps coming up on this list is the APM depence on
'graphics card/driver'. (and perhaps switching off dri - might help?)

Satish