[ltp] ThinkPads as servers.

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:26:45 +0100

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
> good points, especially with the "headless" laptops.
> I'd like to see a picture of your wooden racks.
> :)

I have once seen a short movie on Internet (can't find it anymore) of a
slightly thick picture frame on the wall with a nice picture.

So far nothing exceptional :)

After a few seconds the picture changed and after a few more a nice XFCE
desktop appeared and then the movie went on to show an uber-geek with a
wireless keyboard and mouse ...

Did you guess ?

Inside the frame there was a motherboard, and the LCD belogning to it
was exposed in the frame.

The mobo had wireless LAN, keyb and mouse.

So the table was full of books and cofee mugs and the keyb/mouse (guess
the wireless LAN hub was under the table).

The video did not give any spece but is sure looked like a 1024x768
laptop LCD ...

Very cool.

I'd love to have my groovy xscreensavers on the wall with just around 50
(?) watts for long times.

Bob