[ltp] Disabling the wireless

Alejandro Sobrino Beltrán linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:13:12 +0100

Hi,

I have a T41 (TP12GSP) with Wireless (Intel 802.11b) and bluetooth.
The question is... how do I disable the wireless? In W$ you just have
to press the Fn+F5 and select "Disable" for the Wireless and/or the
Bluetooth.

But in Linux if I do Fn+F5 it turns on/off _only_ bluetooth (I don't
really know if it works or not, buf the bluetooth led changes on/off
:-)).

Right now, only in Linux, my battery only lasts about 3hrs, but in W$
it almost reaches 5hrs (disabling wireless). So I would like to try
the same in Linux...

Ops! My system is a Debian Unstable, 2.6.9(with acpi)+software-suspend+ipw2100.

Thanks for all,

--
Jander - Alejandro Sobrino Beltrán
Weblog en http://bloc.balearweb.net/jander