[ltp] Disabling the wireless

Alejandro Sobrino Beltrán linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:27:26 +0100

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:11:56 +0100, Frank Schaeckermann > But that is
exactly what you accomplish by stopping the WLAN modules!
> You won't need the modules anyway if you have your hardware switched
> off. So what is your problem with stopping them?

I already know that if the hardware is turned off you don't need the
modules... But that is what I don't know how to do: stop the hardware.
I don't care about the modules, if they are loaded (or not).

Looking at the script:
#!/bin/bash
lsmod | grep ath_pci
if [ "$?" == "0" ]; then
  modprobe -r ath_pci
  modprobe -r ath_hal
  modprobe -r wlan
else
  modprobe wlan
  modprobe ath_hal
  modprobe ath_pci
fi

He only looks if the modules are already loaded. If so, then they are
unloaded. But there is nothing about turning off the hardware.

Maybe I'm wrong :?

--
Jander - Alejandro Sobrino Beltrán
Weblog en http://bloc.balearweb.net/jander