[ltp] ACPI and Hibernate => Sound broken

Stefan Triller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:58:01 +0100

Hi,

I have a IBM X40 and if I do a hibernate (doesn't matter if swsusp1 or v2) and
wake it up again, the soudn ist broken.
I can play a soundfile, but after one second, the speaker stops (player is
still playing, but you can't hear anything).
What I tried is:
- unloading modules before hibernate
- turning off power for the soudncard (with alsactl ...)

Nothing helped :-(

With APM, I get this thing working well with swsup2, but there I can't youe
suspend to ram, because I can't weak it up (screen broken, also with the
acpi_sleep=s3_bios hack). On ACPI the suspend to ram works fine.

Any ideas?

Stefan