[ltp] xorg + dri + X30

Sarvin Coachbuilder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:31:26 -0800

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:41:00 -0500, "Alex Deucher"
<alexdeucher@gmail.com> said:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:28:14 -0800, Sarvin Coachbuilder
>
> you need to load agpgart and if on a 2.6. kernel, your agp chipset
> driver, and then the intel drm; in your case i830.ko or i915.ko should
> work as well.

I'm a little new to all of this. Is the module agpgart.o what you refer
to as agpgart? If so where do I find that in the .config file of my
kernel?
In my kernel .config I already have:
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_I810=m
CONFIG_DRM_I830=m

Which one is the agp chipset driver, and is there something else I'm
missing here in the kernel?

> make sure you are loading the dri in the modules section of your xorg
> config.  then start x.  if you still have trouble post your xorg log.
>
> Alex

In xorg.config I have:
Load  "dri"     #libdri.a