[ltp] Re: suspend-to-disk (ACPI S3?)

Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:17:46 +0100

--=-zIh/eS79f0jCB4ekbUy4

Hi,

> > What framebuffer driver are you using? Did you try plain VESA?
>=20
> Framebuffer?  for text?

Yepp, makes the console all shiny and beautiful. If you have the little
penguin in the top left corner on bootup or you have some
background/statusbar/graphical frame around the boot output, you have a
framebuffer console driver enabled.

> Graphics support  --->
>=20
> [*] Support for frame buffer devices =20
> <M>   ATI Radeon display support
> [*]     DDC/I2C for ATI Radeon support

You could try enabling VESA VGA and disabling ATI Radeon.

> Console display driver support  --->
>=20
> [*]   Video mode selection support
> <M> Framebuffer Console support

That's fine.

> Apparently I don't have it.  "locate acpid" turns up emptyhanded.  Where
> does one get it?

Even though you found the homepage of it already...since you seem to be
on SuSE, you should maybe get SuSE RPMs of it? They'll be preconfed and
integrate with YAST i guess.

Also, you might want to read this page - even though it's not really
comprehensive yet:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/How_to_make_ACPI_work

BTW: I guess that Sleep States support is of in your kernel config under
Power Management options/ACPI. This might be the reason you don't
find /proc/acpi/sleep on your system.

Andr=E9.

--=-zIh/eS79f0jCB4ekbUy4

--=-zIh/eS79f0jCB4ekbUy4--