[ltp] X Fonts at different resolutions having problems

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 00:04:01 +0100

--=-AXI9qACbJVMGsT69PaLe

Hei Bob,

> The LCD screen is NOT run "expanded". When I go to lower resolutions the=20
> image is centered in the LCD with black edged around (hope I managed to=20
> explain myself this time).

Hmm...strange thing you are describing. ;-)
Did you read the thread named "xorg / R51 fonts display blurry?" (Dez.
12th)? But this shouldn't help you for what you discribe.

> Hard to tell if it's only the fonts. Sure it is the fonts that show this=20
> effect more than anything else.

Try using something else than GNOME. I.E. start KDE if you have it and
look there. If the problem vanishes it's a GNOME one.
Also try a simple non-aliased font program, like a GTK-1 app. If they
are not blurred in there, it's a antialiasing problem.
Finally, load GIMP or an image viewer and watch a bitmap with a diagonal
or rounded sharp contrast border line. If that's not blurred it's only
the fonts, else the whole display.

Other things i can imagine is that your X uses a strange mode to show
1024x768 resolution on the internal display, but i never heard of
something like that before.

Andr=E9.

--=-AXI9qACbJVMGsT69PaLe

--=-AXI9qACbJVMGsT69PaLe--