[ltp] Slackware on T42?

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:46:30 -0500

> As I've stated a few times now, I don't have time.  Nor would I if I
> did, since there's already too many choices available.

Well if you really don't have time and don't want to play around, you
can just use one of the more "polished" distros like Fedora or even a
commercial distro, and let them make the choice for you.  Installing
Fedora with the "Workstation" option requires almost no interaction on
your part and installs most of the software people need.

The beauty is that those (like you) who have no time or interest in
exploring the options can still take advantage of the price and security
of Open Source, while us geeks can still tweak around.