[ltp] T40p, K.Weidners Multihead approach

Chan-Wah NG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:24:29 +0800

Thank you for the post.  I haven't been able to lay my hands on a
projector to actually verify that it works 100%, but the vncviewer on my
LCD works, and the vncviewer I started on :0.1 did not bailed out, so I
think the projection out of the rear (actually it is at the side for
T41) VGA port should work too.

As for starting a new/different WM in :3, you should be able to specify
your preferred WM in the ~/.vnc/xstartup file.  It works like the
.xinitrc file.

Some changes I made though, since the vnc package I emerged (I am using
Gentoo, so the term 'emerge' is somewhat equivalent to
'configure-make-install') do not have a program vncclient.  The command
I use is

vncviewer -shared -depth 24 -truecolor -passwd ~/.vnc/passwd :3

The -nocursorshape option is not supported by vncclient, and with the
passwd option, I skipped the step of typing in a password.

Also, I removed the vncMouse and vncKeyboard Sections from my XF86Config
since my X complains it doesn't know what is rfbmouse and rfbkeyboard.
It didn't have any effect as far as I can see, but then again, I haven't
actually verify that the VGA output works.

Wait till I can lay my hands on a projector, and I will report if it is
successful.

Thanks for your help anyway.

/rgds
/cwng