[ltp] T40p, K.Weidners Multihead approach

Michael Stilkerich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:55:38 +0100

* Chan-Wah NG <cwng@psl.com.sg> [2004-02-05 11:33]:
> As for starting a new/different WM in :3, you should be able to specify
> your preferred WM in the ~/.vnc/xstartup file.  It works like the
>  .xinitrc file.
Well the point is i don't want to start it on :3 but on :0.1..

> 'configure-make-install') do not have a program vncclient.  The command
well I don't have on either, simply a typo ;)

> Also, I removed the vncMouse and vncKeyboard Sections from my XF86Config
> since my X complains it doesn't know what is rfbmouse and rfbkeyboard.
> It didn't have any effect as far as I can see, but then again, I haven't
> actually verify that the VGA output works.
These params where added by xf4vnc (http://xf4vnc.sourceforge.net) to my config,
this vnc server supports RENDER and some other extensions that standard
tightvnc doesn't.

> Wait till I can lay my hands on a projector, and I will report if it is
> successful.
I will retry on monday but I'm pretty much optimistic as the CRT monitor
behaved like the projector did and is working now :)

Mike.