[ltp] T41 and SuSE 9.0

Mark Houlder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:42:25 +0000

I installed suse9 (from CD) ok on first attempt; not sure if i used any
kernel params at the time but here are mine now: (for T41 2373-9FU)

(minus kernel and root options, which will be different)

vga=0x342 splash=silent acpi=off desktop hdc=ide-scsi hdclun=0
cachesize=1024 showopts

not sure if the vga one will work straight from the off, but the one to
note is "acpi=off"

currently have everything working under suse9, caveat:

-wifi is buggy (madwifi drivers from CVS, work but give error msgs to
logs and occasionally hang machine); kismet works ok though
-alsa version on suse9 has buggy oss-emulation, which crashes machine if
used (sometimes)
-apm suspend/resume works but breaks a few obscure things on resume
-hardware 3D works but flickers with opengl stuff like screensavers
-modem works ok with Agere drivers (taints kernel, not included in suse9
distro)

(all that with 2.4.21 kernel)

Alexander Gran wrote:

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)