[ltp] A30p: Keyboard and Mouse hangs in X

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:49:35 +0100

Hi,

While Linux (Gentoo) works like a charm on the A30p I'm sometimes
annoyed of a persistent problem. Working with KDE and XFree 4.3 is no
problem, but sometimes mouse and keyboard (X input devices) just hang
so that there is no chance to kill X or change to a terminal. The
machine itself is fully alive, is online in chatrooms or just works
what it is doing at the moment.

If I then plug in a USB mouse that mouse works and I can restart X. A
different solution is to just go into suspend modus (FN+F4) and resume.
After that I can just resume working.

The keyboard and mouse hang irregularily, but I have the impression that
they more often hang on higher system loads.

Does anyone have the same problem (as I found nothing in the list
archives) and/or a solution or workaround?

The only hint I can find (is it related?) in XFree86.log are a multiple
entries:
LookupDeviceIntRec id=0x0 not found

Important software versions installed:
sys-kernel/ck-sources-2.4.24-r1
sys-devel/gcc-3.2.3-r2
x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r3
sys-libs/glibc-2.3.2-r3

XFree is using the "radeon" driver.

Regards, Matthias

--
There is still the danger of EU software patents!

http://swpat.ffii.org/