[ltp] Losing time on a Thinkpad 770.

Reed Gregory linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:37:43 -0500

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 10:47 am, Marco Strack wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. Februar 2004 18:40 schrieb Luis Lebron:
> > I have a Thinkpad 770 running RedHat 9.0. If I set the clock and
> > the machine "hibernates" it loses 6 hours. I have set the timezone
> > to CST.
> >
> > How can I fix this?
>
> That most probably means you hibernate with acpi and do not suspend
> cleanly.

No, i think it most likely means that his hwclock and system clock are
different.  When it wakes up it reads the bios clock which is probably
set to GMT or something.  GMT is exactly 6 hours ahead of CST.  You
need to sync these two clocks up.

> Using only apm solves the problem (t23 here).

I just recenlty got my T23 to act nice with ACPI in Kernel 2.6.2.
Updating the bios and embedded controller fixed my problems with it,
except that suspend-to-ram kills my vesa framebuffer.

Reed

--
Reed Gregory
reed@progoth.com