[ltp] Losing time on a Thinkpad 770.

Marco Strack linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:14:15 +0000

Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2004 18:37 schrieb Reed Gregory:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 10:47 am, Marco Strack wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 10. Februar 2004 18:40 schrieb Luis Lebron:
> > > How can I fix this?
> >
> > That most probably means you hibernate with acpi and do not suspend
> > cleanly.
>
> No, i think it most likely means that his hwclock and system clock are
> different.  When it wakes up it reads the bios clock which is probably
> set to GMT or something.  GMT is exactly 6 hours ahead of CST.  You
> need to sync these two clocks up.
>
> > Using only apm solves the problem (t23 here).
>
> I just recenlty got my T23 to act nice with ACPI in Kernel 2.6.2.
> Updating the bios and embedded controller fixed my problems with it,
> except that suspend-to-ram kills my vesa framebuffer.

So you mean you reach ACPI S3 with the moon symbol turned on and correct
resume with correct time ?

With kernel 2.6.0 i only achieved to get it to s3 but without the moon symbol
and when i resumed i had to sync the time. Also i had to rmmod/insmod
psmouse. So i build a kernel with only apm and all PM functions were working
ok again.

 regards
  marco