[ltp] Losing time on a Thinkpad 770.

Reed Gregory linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:48:41 -0500

--Boundary-02=_Kq8KAcTmxTH/ONz

On Thursday 12 February 2004 5:14 am, Marco Strack wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2004 18:37 schrieb Reed Gregory:
> > >
> > > That most probably means you hibernate with acpi and do not
> > > suspend cleanly.
> >
> > No, i think it most likely means that his hwclock and system clock
> > are different.  When it wakes up it reads the bios clock which is
> > probably set to GMT or something.  GMT is exactly 6 hours ahead of
> > CST.  You need to sync these two clocks up.
> >
> > > Using only apm solves the problem (t23 here).
> >
> > I just recenlty got my T23 to act nice with ACPI in Kernel 2.6.2.
> > Updating the bios and embedded controller fixed my problems with
> > it, except that suspend-to-ram kills my vesa framebuffer.
>
> So you mean you reach ACPI S3 with the moon symbol turned on and
> correct resume with correct time ?
>
> With kernel 2.6.0 i only achieved to get it to s3 but without the
> moon symbol and when i resumed i had to sync the time. Also i had to
> rmmod/insmod psmouse. So i build a kernel with only apm and all PM
> functions were working ok again.

=46irst, you really should upgrade to 2.6.2.  There was a ton of ACPI=20
changes/fixes.  Also I have had much more success with /sys/power/state=20
than with /proc/acpi/sleep

I also had problems before updating the system bios and embedded=20
controller.  I wrote a suspend script that rmmod/insmod psmouse, so it=20
works fine.=20

Reed

=2D-=20
Reed Gregory