[ltp] R40 deep sleep

Matt Foster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
19 Feb 2004 09:29:22 +0000

Hi,

I'm running 2.6.3 plus laptop mode patch over RedHat9 fairly happily on
my R40 with only a couple of annoyances:

If I boot with the mains disconnected the processor is detected at 1.2
GHz instead of the 2.0 it really is.

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep does suspend the machine to RAM, but there is
no way to wake it back up again, I end up pulling the battery.

I can't get any of the S4 techniques to work either.

I have ACPI enabled, APM and CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC disabled.
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is also enabled as I have 1GB RAM.

Has anyone had any joy with getting any of the above to work?  I'm
reluctant to switch to APM as I would loose cpufreqd.

Cheers,

Matt