[ltp] Re: T30 owners - Memory bank problems?

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:02:44 -0800

"D. Sen" <dsen@ieee.org> writes:

> Just wondering if any of the T30 owners using both memory banks on
> their system boards have noticed a problem. [...]

Yep.  Three of us in one office at Stanford have T30s with 1 GB
RAM as 2x512 MB.  All three of us have had a memory bank go bad.
Two of us have had motherboards replaced, and one of those
machines has in fact had two new motherboards.  I just haven't
got around to getting mine repaired yet; 512 MB RAM is still
plenty.

We've had other problems, too, like the TFTs going bad.  I
wouldn't recommend buying a T30.  They're crap for reliability.
--
"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."
--Ovid (43 BC-18 AD)