[ltp] ThinkPad T40, finding modem in Mandrake 9.2?

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:54:36 -0500

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 09:39, after a long battle with technology,
Annika Wille wrote:
> I tried to connect to the internet from Linux. I installed Mandrake
> 9.2 on my ThinkPad T40. Appearently Mandrake does not find my built
> in modem. Did anyone have similar problems?

http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/t40.html#internal_modem

Apparently, getting this LoseModem to work requires compiling a kernel
module and a userspace program.  It's not as simple as the Lucent
LoseModems, but at least one person got it working.

--
  "sometimes I am called upon to program stuff." -- Dag
  "I suppose that program stuffing is to programs as gerbil stuffing is