[ltp] T30 owners - Memory bank problems?

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:11:57 +1100

--------------000009090707070200080505

Stephan Groß wrote:

>Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2004 02:03 schrieb D. Sen:
>

>>Just wondering if any of the T30 owners using both memory banks on their
>>system boards have noticed a problem. This is the third time in 1.5
>>years that one of the memory banks on my system board has stopped
>>functioning. The RAMS themselves are fine. I have two sims 512 MBytes
>>each. Each time, one of the banks stopped working and the system
>>recognized only 1 of the 512 MByte modules. You can only tell there is a
>>problem when weird problems start happening and you lose data.....typing
>>"free" shows only half the memory available.
>>
>>Wondering if its just me or there are others. Once every six
>>months....(this is my fourth new system-board) would seem to indicate
>>there others out there who have experienced the same problem?
>>

>Same with me last summer after 3 month of used. Got the mainboard replaced by
>IBM and didn't have any problems since then.

Wonder if the fact that it seems to go down in the summer is
significant. Perhaps the temperature in that chamber is getting too high
during the summer (summer in Australia right now). I might drill a few
tiny holes in that cover...

--------------000009090707070200080505

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Stephan Gro&szlig; wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2004 02:03 schrieb D. Sen:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Just wondering if any of the T30 owners using both memory banks on their
[...]

few tiny holes in that cover...<br>

--------------000009090707070200080505--