[ltp] acpi and apm on t21 - battery problem

Tim Stegmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:03:25 +0100

hello.
i tested kernel 2.6.0-test11 on my t21 (running debian/sid) and wanted
to try out acpi, too. i compiled the whole acpi thing as modules and
after booting with 2.6 i loaded the acpi modules (battery, cpu,
fan,...). (but suspend did not work, btw). since the 2.6 trial i have a
big problem with my battery: it's not working anymore. apm output is:
"On-line, battery charging" (i'm running 2.4.23 with apm again).
the battery indicator is orange and bliniking when i power on the tp
indicating that the battery is at 0% and needs a full charge (as i read
somewhere at ibm.com). but it won't charge anymore and when i unplug ac
the tp is turns off immediately.

any ideas? any hint/help appriciated!

tia