[ltp] Dual-Head RithtOf/LeftOf

Gustavo Halperin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:35:52 +0200

André Wyrwa wrote:

>>  I still think that my problem is in other place maybe in the
>>'gdm.conf' or in
>>the 'xdm-conf' (depend wich MW you are using).
>>  Can you people send me you 'gdm.conf' or 'xdm-conf'.
>>

>Usually you should recognise already at the start of gdm, if it uses two
>displays or not, since it displays two different pictures on the two
>screens.

OK. I see the same picture on Log Screen of the gdm in the both Displays.

>BTW: did you check your bios options? Maybe dualhead is switched of on
>bios side?

  I haven't any option in the bios for dualhead.
And I think that I have Only one Graphic Card (a Radeon one), so
is possible the Duah-Head with only one  graphic Card ??

>You might check the output of tpctl --sdx to prove that.

 I havent installed tpctl. This is the only necesary for the Dual-Head ??

>Else check your /var/log/XFree86.0.log for (WW) or (EE) entries.

I find some thing:
   (WW) PCI Video Card: More than one matching Device section found: éĐ$
What do think about ??
 There are another error or warning for the Frame Buffer, but is OK. I
don't want
to use it. Also I dident compile the modules for Frame-Buffer. This is
because a
frame buffer cause some problems to the Graphical acelerations (DRI ).

  Any idea ??

 Thank you
         Gusti

--