[ltp] IBM Tri-Band Wireless Drivers on T41 (Success!)

Chan-Wah NG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:33:42 +0800

Thanks to Brendon, Henry and Mark,  I had gotten the wireless to work
now.  Never knew it was an Atheros card (IBM just say its 'IBM' :o).

Anyway, I did a cvs checkout from madwifi, do a 'make' and 'make
install'.  This installed the three modules in the /lib/modules/...
directories where modprobe will look for.

There after I 'modprobe wlan', 'modprobe ath_hal', and 'modprobe
ath_pci'.  Worked, except for the complain on tainting the kernel.

I configured the 'ath0' interface with iwconfig, and my wireless was
working.

/rgds
/cwng