[ltp] T41 and 2.6.1 - FIXED

Britt Selvitelle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:35:32 -0500

>> Hi Britt, my ACPI is working more or less properly
>> with my T41, it even suspends and the green moon is
>> switched on :)

Strange. ACPI was causing everything to hang once the image is decompressed=
 (after selecting it in LILO). I will go back and investigate this after =
everything else is working.

>> Now I'm using 2.6.1 with console fb, which problems
>> are you encountering?

I've just gotten console fb working with the VESA drivers using

append=3D"video=3Dvesafb vga=3D0x307" (1280x1024)

in lilo.conf. Are you using VESA or the radeonfb drivers?

The only problem left is PCMCIA not working properly. Right now I don't eve=
n get power to a card once it is inserted. I'm guessing I've missed somet=
hing in compiling the kernel, so will begin running through different con=
figurations tonight.

Thanks David,
Britt