[ltp] R40 - not able to access bios (using "Access IBM" button)

Brendon Baumgartner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:57:46 -0800

No, only some Linux distros (I think via the kernel) honor the HPA. I was
able to boot my t40p with Knoppix, and it ignored the HPA settings in the
bios. On the other hand, once I had Debian installed, it honored the bios
configuration.

--
 BB