[ltp] cdrom busy

dim linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:29:49 +0200

Hi,
i've got an IBM TP570 with Slackware 9.1 installed. I've compiled and
installed the new 2.6.1 kernel and I've got this problem : whenever I
mount a cd, I have problems unmounting it: It says device is busy. I
tried waiting but it didn't help. The cd-tray button doesn't react so
I can't remove the cd, only pushing a pin in the small hole helps. It
happens every time I mount a cd. Didn't have this problem with 2.4.22
(well, not always - most cds would unmount properly). Any solutions? I
tried googling for the answer but found nothing.

Thanks in advance,
dim