[ltp] PCMCIA Zoom modem trouble

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:15:25 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, otisg wrote:

> Trouble with a new PCMCIA Zoom modem (v.92, model 3005) on TP 40
> running RedHat 9 with 2.4.20-8 kernel.  I am wondering if anyone
>  got this working or can offer advice.

> product info: "LT WIN MODEM", "PC card", "", ""
> function: 2 (serial).
>
> The 'product info' line worries me a lot, for obvious reasons
> :(

There's a Lucent Winmodem driver (including PC card support) here:

http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

Personally, though, I'd return the Zoom and get a real (hardware) modem.
If you want a Winmodem, there's already one built in to the T40. :)

In the US, if you shop around, you can get a 56k hardware pc card
modem (possibly used or refurbished) for <$50.

froogle.google.com comes up with some possibilities: (searched for "pc
card modem")

http://store.yahoo.com/dunwell123/3cxm756.html
http://www.saveateagle.com/3com3cmeg56k.html