[ltp] Missing /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

Thomas de Grenier de Latour linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:23:43 +0100

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:06:56 -0500
tvon@etria.org wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 05:43:35PM +0100, David wrote:
> >
> > I read that i've to set the speed in
> > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed, but this file
> > doesn't exist...
>
> I've never seen nor used that file (nor read to use it, but I havent
> read too much on the subject).

This file you get it when using the p4-clockmode driver instead of the
speedstep-centrino driver. Then you can almost freely tweak your freq
instead of switching beetween two freqs, but from what I've read it has
no effect on battery duration. That said, if you want to try, compile
both this drivers as modules and you will be able to compare.

--
TGL.