[ltp] Re: Re: [R40] middle `mouse' button above touchpad

Mika Fischer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:10:06 +0100

mukesh agrawal wrote:
> Yup, they both work at the same time.
>
> Here's my config... (Running kernel 2.6.0-mm2, XFree86 4.3.0, and
> synaptics-0.12.2.

2.6.2-mm4, XF 4.3, synaptics 0.12.3

> I think the trick was to turn on wheel emulation in XFree. See the
> "EmulateWheel" and "EmulateWheelButton" lines below...
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier    "trackpoint"
> Driver                "mouse"
> Option                "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse1"
> Option                "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> Option                "AlwaysCore"            "true"
> Option                "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> # the 3-button emulation doesn't actually work
> Option                "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> Option                "EmulateWheel"          "true"
> Option                "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"
> EndSection

That does not really work for me. EmulateWheel works but the third button
doesn't work anymore.
According to this message, this is the expected behaviour:
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xfree86.org/msg03333.html
The patch in that message fixes the problem apparently but I'm not in the
mood to recompile X11 right now (after all there's a reason why I don't use
Gentoo ;))

I assume you also have another InputDevice configured using the Synaptics
driver, right?

> If that doesn't do the trick, let me know and I'll send the complete
> config file.

Yeah that'd be nice.

Thanks,
 Mika