[ltp] T40p, K.Weidners Multihead approach

Michael Stilkerich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:01:04 +0100

Well, I need this for displaying slides wenn doing presentations - hence
having the beamer displaying something different from my LCD isn't that
useful for me. With xinerama I'd have the possibility to overlay the two
Displays which would be ok, but it'd be even more asskickin' if i could
minimize the vnc window and do something else like reading my mail which
would not be displayed on the beamer thus having my whole LCD for it.

Thus

 * How do i make the X server start my windowmanager on screen :0.0 but
   do nothing on :0.1 until i fire up my fullscreen vncviewer on that
   screen ? I tried in .xinitrc via the $DISPLAY variable but thats only
   set to :0 at execution time of .xinitrc thus i can't make a decision
   upon the screen..

 * KWs sample has a Option   "MonitorLayout" "NONE, TMDS" in the
   Devices - I wonder why this should work (it does simply do nothing
   for me) as I want to have the Primary Head being my LCD (LVDS) and
   my secondary head being CRT, don't I ?

Mike.

* Paul Kaplan <pkaplan1@comcast.net> [2004-01-28 06:55]: