[ltp] 802.11b pcmcia card stopped working

Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:32:21 +0100

Hi,

> When the card is inserted there is no beep, nothing logged, and the LED
> on the card doesn't come on like it should.  "cardctl status" shows "no
> card" for both slots.
>
> It would seem that the card just croaked, but in Windows (dual-boot) the
> LED lights up and Windows asks about drivers.

Based on my recent experiences I'd agree that the card is broken.

Try it several times on both systems.

I just got a Netgear card replaced that would identify itself only in 5%
of the cases, with probability rising when inserting it after a fresh
reboot.

Andre.