[ltp] A31 crashing

T D linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:54:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone,

   I just bought an IBM A31, and it is crashing. It
seems to not like the track pointer. I believe that it
is the tracker pointer because when I move the track
pointer enough, the system panics. I have a stock rh9
kernel (2.4.20-28.9) with only the redhat upgrades.
And I have done the following to try and isolate the
program:

1) Changed the IRQ from all 11 to various other
numbers
cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     102552          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1740          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:      58070          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, Ricoh Co
Ltd RL5c476 II, radeon@PCI:1:0:0
  4:          0          XT-PIC  Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476
II (#2), Intel ICH3
  5:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
 10:       3965          XT-PIC  eth0
 12:      25646          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      13532          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      18784          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

2) Ran memtest for 3 passes. No errors in the memory

3) Shut off autofs (from a previous listing in the
linux-thinkpad archive)

4) Shut off gpm

Does anybody have a clue?

TIA,