[ltp] New Thinkpad Advice - X models

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:06:51 -0400

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:02:33 -0400
Charles E Taylor IV <tomalek@mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 04:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
> nut megger <bmw_nutmegger@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I do not believe that you can access the serial port
> > located on the ultrabay of the x series thinkpads
> > since I have not been able to do it after trying for
> > close to six weeks.

> I'll have to try my X20 ultrabay's serial port to see if there's a
> problem.

I enabled the serial port in BIOS on my X20, booted with the
ultrabay/media slice connected.  Linux saw the serial port as /dev/ttyS0.
Hooked up my trusty(well, as much as one can trust something that runs
DOS) HP 200LX to the serial port, and transferred some files.  No problems
here.

I'm using Fedora Core 1, kernel 2.4.22-1.2194.nptl ...

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/